Re: [TCML] Odd side effect--from a coil?

>  What amazes me is that stainless steel is non magnetic unless it is of
> the poorest quality that would rust, so that feat would take an enormous
> magnetic field.
   Varies with the 'stainless'  Many sorts thereof.

> I have heard tales of strange phenomena around coils tho. Like some
> of the old timers stories of seeing St. Elmo's fire coming out of the
> walls.
   I fail to see anything strange about that.  Corona is standard in
   high fields.  Reported (pre Tesla) by Lodge...

>>I don't know hardly anything about magnets but I was under the impression
>> that you need a huge magnetic field to magnetize things.
   Varies with the 'thing'.

>>> I wear wire rim glasses. About 18 months ago I got new frames made of
>>> stainless steel.
    Various grades of stainless.

>>> After several months of experimenting with my modest tabletop coils,
>>> I have found my glasses frames are magnetized.
    It would be interesting to know what other, if any experiments?
    Were the glasses nonmagnetic at start?

    best
     dwp