Re: [TCML] Caps for a 12k 90ma NST

John Puterbaugh wrote:
Hi all, First post here. Got my first coil going today and all went well. No smoke or fire but lots of sparks maxing out to about 20". Now that I know it works I'll be ordering more 942c's. I'm running 16 in series now with a 12k 30ma nst. How many do I need when I add 60ma's for a total of 12k 90 ma. 4.5' secondary, multi static gaps.

Thanks!!
John,
For a 12/30 you should be using 1 string of 15 for a LTR cap (static spark gap) or 1 string of 9 for a SRSG. When you move up to a 12/90 the values are, 2 strings of 10 for LTR static gap, or 3 strings of 9 for a SRSG. This is ofcourse using the standard CDE .15uF caps that all coilers love. I just sold some about a week ago. As luck would have it I think I have 9 extras that are in good condition. I'll sell um to you for $20. Thats about a $1.50 per cap cheaper than online. Only have nine though. Let me know soon though, because if you dont want um, im gonna offer them up to the rest of the list. Last time it was $4.95 for the flat rate box. Write me a check for $25 if ya want um and i'll drop um in the mail this week. Address below. Ya hear that all, more CDE caps potentially for sale lol.

Regards,
Andrew Robinson

Andrew Robinson
722 Lenoxplace Cir.