[TCML] Moderator's note - DC Cox

All,

While we all share concern for DC Cox's well being and wish him a speedy recovery, I am obliged to remind List members of the TCML posting guidelines:

... If you wish to say thanks to someone, consider sending directly to them. Ask yourself - Does EVERYONE need to see my reply, or just that person?

One liner and one word posts - "LOL", "Kewl", "Way to go" - are not useful. Posts must have a useful point; this is not a chat room...
The point is, this is a technical forum.  This is an area that the moderators struggle with, knowing where to draw the line between polite dialog and inbox fluff.  There will be inconsistencies.  I post this reminder fearing that I'll be seen as an antisocial curmudgeon.  But we believe that most subscribers would prefer to limit postings to ones that have technical content.  Again - this is not a chat room.

DC's personal email is resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>.  Please direct well-wishes and personal messages directly to him there.

Thanks for your cooperation,
Gary Lau, TCML co-moderator