Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 11:29 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Off grid, medium size, 12V battery powered TC

Jonathan,

A small battery powered 12v DRSSTC will easily give 2' arcs.

I have a (hand held) battery powered DRSSTC that runs from 10 x AA
(MIMH) cells that will give 1' arcs. At full power it draws
approximately 3-4A

The Coil has a small inverter that takes the 12v up to around 350V, from
there on the coil is a standard DRSSTC.

Assuming scaling up the design will not incur any losses, roughly 12-16A
at 12V should give you 2' arcs. Admittedly at a slower repetition rate
than you would get from a classic design.De