Re: [TCML] How To Turn A Vacuum Cleaner Motor Into A Synchronous Motor

I wonder if the motor could be easily rewired to convert it to a shunt wound motor
(instead of series wound), and then run it on rectified DC voltage.  This
might result in a steadier speed, when used with Clive's modification,
(or by replacing the diodes with a short, or whatever works/helps).  This
might help overcome the voltage input sensitivity and eliminate the "crazy mode",
Just a thought.  I haven't worked much with shunt wound motors.

In a shunt wound motor, the speed can be adjusted by controlling the
armature voltage, the field voltage can remain constant.  This might
permit the motor to remain in sync with a heavier loading.

Cheers,
John