Re: [TCML] Capacitors for MMC

At 04:04 2010-12-13, you wrote:
I don't think those capacitor will work for Tesla coils. If you look at the curves of applied voltage vs frequency on the web site, these capacitors roll off at much lower frequencies than we work with. In other words we couldn't apply a high voltage to them at primary/secondary frequencies.

See http://www.kemet.com/kemet/web/homepage/kechome.nsf/file/PHE450%20Series/$file/F3294_PHE450.pdf

Well, take it from me. I have used a LOT of these over the last 9 years and have had NONE faile me. PHE 450 works just fine in Tesla coil service.

/Matt