From: EVP <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, December 7, 2010 10:29:19 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Secondary Coil Capacitating

  I think David Hull used an electrometer to investigate this phenomenon, which
I suspect most of us have experienced.jimlux wrote.  Rectification  because of
unequal electrode geometry seems the most probable cause and is easy to
observe.  Simplest is with a disruptive 'spark coil' where a capacitor can be
charged if a spark gap is inserted in one side of the circuit.  The secondary
voltage has peaks which are quite asymmetrical which accentuate the effect.
There have been many gaseous rectifiers built [the original Raytheon was one of
the pioneers back in the 1920's] which use an unequal electrode geometry,
usually rods and plates, in a gas like helium.

Ed