Re: [TCML] VA formula

David,
Thank you for responding. I'm sure I could use your calculated value sheet to insure that my math is correct. Much appreciated. Dan in Calif. ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Speck" <Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 5:38 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] VA formula

Dan,

A reasonable approximation for common laminated silicon steel cores is obtained from the following formulas:

Core cross section area (sq in) = 0.16*(SQRT(VA))

or

VA Rating = ((Core Cross section area (sq in))/0.16)2

I have a .PDF spreadsheet with a number of typical values precalculated that I can send you if you want.

Lemmee know.

Dave