Re: [TCML] Metal Spinning

Brian wrote:
If you have never tried metal spinning, you can not comprehend the care and use of tools necessary, next to years of practice...I think John Freau can add much to this....Brian F.
I do some metal spinning to make spheres to use in terminals of electrostatic machines. The largest that I managed to make were 13.5 cm spheres to use as terminals for Van de Graaff generators. The technique is as seen on the video, scaled down of course. Aluminum balls are easy to make. A brass ball is more difficult and takes more than one hour to make with my setup. Copper is between. I use metal sheets with a fraction of mm of thickness.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz