Re: [TCML] Found Possible Problem of tesla coil misfiring

Julius,

Disconnect wiring to gap and measure across wiring and then across gap. You'll likely find it's not the gap. Need to look elsewhere and probably hookup.

Take care,
Bart

Julius Crummer wrote:
Ok i f u seen my recent post i tested my Tesla coil and got a loud bright spark from the safety gap which is about a 1/2" gap. So i took my DMM tested all the components and find out that Spark Gap is reading a closed loop. The pic will show what i mean. So since I have the two end connections drilled through the pipe im guessing the pipe has conductivity material inside causing the gaps to not even work. Take a look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39213193@N03/4879677875/