Re: [TCML] Found Possible Problem of tesla coil misfiring

Two things.

If your main gap was shorted, there's no way that the safety gap could fire,
since they're essentially in parallel.

Also, I can't imagine any kind of plastic pipe being so conductive as to
register a short on a DMM.  I think you need to recheck your wiring.  I
assume that the copper pipes in your gap all have an air-gap between them;
they're not touching each other, right?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA