Re: [TCML] Hmmm 1st test not so successful :(

There is all kinds of stuff out there about how to set your gap properly for an NST, even a Geek group video I believe, and yes it is likely too wide. Once you get it sparking you will also need a fan on that puppy. Set your safety gap according to procedure and also make sure nothing is literally touching the ground except what is supposed to, this can short out components and was a big problem on my first coil which had no base. Put the whole thing on a piece of 1-inch foam or something, except the counterpoise of course...

Scott Bogard.