Re: [TCML] MMC Caps

I suppose I am once again guilty of blindly following "data" posted on what
pass for top notch Tesla Coil web sites. I stupidly assumed that when
someone posted a list of "good" and "bad" capacitors for use in building
MMC's, that they had done just what Steve suggests and has done and not
simply listed certain caps as unsuitable because someone reported that they
had failed when used in this application. I mean, let's face it, if you try
hard enough, you can destroy any caps you use to build an MMC.

All I can say is thank goodness for the Steve Wards of the world, and I
would be remiss if I didn't mention Gary Lau in this, who take the time to
actually investigate these sorts of things. I don't mean to leave any else
out but both Gary and Steve have assisted me in this way on more than one
occasion. I know there are many more of you out there. Thanks guys for all
that you do to keep those like me in the straight and narrow.
Paul Brodie
Think Positive