Re: [TCML] Ground Rod Data

I think there is little or no correlation between RF ground quality
and streamer performance.  I've not personally tried this, but have
heard stories of folks forgetting to connect their secondary base to
ANYTHING, and the coil performed pretty much the same as always.  The
consequence to having a poor RF ground connection is how much RF is
coupled through your AC mains.  Lacking a path to a real RF ground,
the capacitive path between the secondary and the rest of your coil
results in the return currents traveling through the only wire
available - the AC power cord.  Plus, capacitive coupling to the
earth.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA