Re. [TCML] Topload Materials related to Primary Tuning question.

Addendum.  While I've not answered my own questions from the previous post, not yet anyway, I do have some more positive results to add.

As I mentioned I would, I expanded my 20" x 4" alum. duct toroid out some more, and finding 23" seemed too much for any breakouts to occur, I settled on 22" diameter.   Long story short and with a modifed wire frame to hold it on the secondary, found I could only make it break out by adding a bolt, screw or metal thumbtack which is what I also settled on doing.   So the 22" aluminum duct toroid breaks out at 10.32 turns of the primary, but only if I have a thumbtack foil taped to it.   Some pics of results below.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erx6ffTtXsc

Some streamers 18" and over.  Not too bad for a 9kV 30mA unit.

Peter
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/ncc1701_photos/tech/ScreenCap_22inch_toroid_streamer_01.jpg