From: drake89@xxxxxxxxx <drake89@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: [TCML] My Hemisphere/Toroid with Unconnected Top Sphere  results
To: "Peter Baitz" <ussenterprisencc1701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, September 12, 2009, 7:23 PM

Peter- I am a novice myself but I think that you are confusing some physics terminology.  Power=watts=joules/second (i think).  Your coil is going to be emitting the same amount of power regardless of what you use as a topload.  Someone please step in if I'm confused but I think that an out of tune coil merely emits more energy as RF rather than streamers.  Also, any sort of tertiary coil is actually wasting energy.  It is good that you are experimenting, however.  Like Bart said it is better to make measurements that you can analyze rather than making wild speculations based on observations alone.

Regards,
Drake