Re: [TCML] SSTC help

How nice to see that there's at least one other s.s.-type still around on the List! And how familiar to see that you have problems. "Many blown components"?...oh, yes...

I'm currently in the process of trying to resurrect my 1-&-only s.s.t.c. Can you post/send your schematic(s)? Maybe I can give you a clue or two.

I looked at the video. Do you have the primary wound directly over the lower part of the secondary? Might not be enough insulation if you do. Also, what's what appears to be an additional winding at the top?

Ken Herrick
kchdlh (at) sonic.net

Rob Byron wrote:
Hello, I have been working on my first solid state coil for a good part of a year and after many blown components and hours searching the net, I am stumped. The coil I am working on is of Steve Ward's mini sstc. I used eagle to etch a board to replace the crappy proto type board. This gave me better results ( my UCC's don't fry anymore :) I put an LED on the output of the interruper to make sure that works. My gate drive IC's make a high frequency buzz. Not sure if I should be able to hear that? But it leads me to believe they work. My half bridge is on a variac, rectified and filtered. I get 170VDC at full power on the bridge. But I can't get breakout?? I did try swapping the primary leads to get 180* out of phase. Here is a link to video.     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX7oV9iC0Jo

Thanks in advance for any help. Rob.