Sent: Saturday, October 03, 2009 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] reply to herr zapp about mikes capacitor fail...

A few more ideas:

Alway rate the MMc cap value for at least 2.5 x Erms of the nst.  If you
fail to do this step, and then a single cap fails, that shorts thus putting
a lot more stress on the remaining caps.  Best to "do it right" the first
time and then not have the heartache of testing your caps to find the bad
units.  Usually, by then, it's too late because the extra stress has done
internal damage to the remaining caps and they also start failing --- like a
domino effect.

Usually, with a 12 kV nst use 16 to 18 (16 min) in a single series.  Also,
be sure to keep your total spark gap spacing to under 0.180".

Dr. Resonance