To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 10:58 AM
Subject: [TCML] Ignition coil etc

I've just got myself a nice new ignition coil and a 16v AC 1000ma plugin transformer. Is there anything I should put between the coil and the transformer to protect either or both when I wire it up and plug it all into the wall? Is there liable to be a backlash from the coil when I unplug the transformer? Should I put a switch in between transformer and coil?

I have no idea how high voltage the coil is. It's a new coil for a Mustang. Quite nice and small - made in China and no other markings on it. The box says MasterPro E70 and the UPC is 84126602575.

I figure it's a lower voltage coil so a higher voltage input should be fine.