RE: [TCML] primary tubing

If we agree that things would be a wash if the aluminum conductor diameter was increased to normalize the DC-resistance, then I don't see any suggestion that aluminum is inferior at RF frequencies any more-so than at DC.  It's your statement suggesting that the resistance if frequency dependant that I take issue with.

Perhaps we're in violent agreement that it's simply better to just use copper for the primary conductor, which is fine.  I've just seen too many who beleive that ANY use of aluminum in a Tesla coil is unsuitable because skin effect will render it a lossy and terrible conductor, which just isn't true.  I've seen folks suggest that one should not have solid aluminum electrode holders and supports in an RSG, which is just silly.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA