Re: [TCML] Tiny TC

> Having wanted for some time to have a very small tesla coil, I came
> across a little 5 dollar 5 volt DC to 1 Kv inverter on electronic
> goldmine.  By putting it through a CW voltage multiplier with several
> (about 3-5) stages you could get an acceptably high voltage (though a
> pitifully small amount of current).  I was wondering if anyone had any
> ideas for whether this was feasible/possible.  I can't seem to find
> any problem other than the low current (which i think could be
> crippling but not fatal).  Any thoughts appreciated
Hi,
I don't know what you mean by small, but I have some(old) Wahlgren "Blue
Spark Fly Controllers" 2233, that I got out of an old barn.  They are
4"X4"X5", 115vac, 50va in; 4kv, 11ma out. One side grounded.  I have them on
my list that I'm going to post.  If you're interested and want one to play
with, for shipping only you are welcome to it.  It shouldn't be much to
ship.  I also have a couple of stun gun innards that run on a 9v battery and
I think put out 50kv.  Enough current to knock a man down, but not much for
a coil.
Jack