[TCML] Tiny TC

Having wanted for some time to have a very small tesla coil, I came across a little 5 dollar 5 volt DC to 1 Kv inverter on electronic goldmine. By putting it through a CW voltage multiplier with several (about 3-5) stages you could get an acceptably high voltage (though a pitifully small amount of current). I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for whether this was feasible/possible. I can't seem to find any problem other than the low current (which i think could be crippling but not fatal). Any thoughts appreciated