From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of bartb
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 9:54 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] 1 Mhz ,1 kw

Hi Dex,

One other thing regarding the ARSG. It's not good for NST's. Breakdown
will occur throughout the 60Hz charging waveform and it will breakout
whenever the cap reaches the breakdown voltage. Zero crossing occurs in
the ARSG and the voltage is allowed to climb to the next break, at which
point the cap (especially if STR) is allowed to charge to a higher
potential than the transformer output voltage. That extreme voltage can
be lethal to the secondary windings inside an NST which simply doesn't
handle excessive high voltages well. So again, a potential transformer
would be a better choice here if you build an ARSG.

Take care,
Bart

Dex Dexter wrote:
Thanks for the photo.
I think power source for the coil I want to build is a potential transformer.
And I'm thinking of use ASRG with 300-400 PPS.Cp about 10 nF.
Still thinking of how to realize good 40 kV capacitor bank for the purpose.

Dex