[TCML] Wardenclyffe Lab Building Update

Received yesterday from Mark Seifer:

Gary,

I was wondering if you would consider writing to the Governor of New York
and ask him to save Nikola Tesla's great Wardenclyffe laboratory located at
Shoreham on Long Island, New York.

Governor David A. Paterson:

http://www.ny.gov/governor/contact/index.html

The Wardenclyffe property is up for sale and a private concern is thinking
of buying it for about a million dollars and possibly destroying the lab
building, which was designed by the great architect Stanford White, and
putting up condos.

This is a crisis situation.  My suggestion is that you ask Governor
Paterson to allocate one or two million dollars of the stimulus package to
secure the property and make it a Museum to honor both the inventor Nikola
Tesla and also the architect Stanford White.  Such a move would not only
serve to honor the one man most responsible for slowing down global warming
with his invention of the the AC hydroelectric power system, which is clean
energy and renewable, it would also stimulate jobs and commerce to that
part of Long Island.  Tesla, of course, is also an international figure who
is responsible for most of the fundamentals behind cell phone technology
and our age of wireless.

Please write Governor Paterson and send this e-mail to a few friends as
well, who might also petition the Governor.

Thank you.

Marc J. Seifer, Ph.D.
Wizard : The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla