[TCML] Fwd: JAVATC Question

Pls disregard this earlier question - the obvious answer just came to me (duh!).

-----Original Message-----
From: otmaskin5@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 7:47 pm
Subject: JAVATC Question

Bart, one additional question.? The Secondary input for Wire Diameter, per JAVATC definition, should be bare wire diameter.? However when I enter bare wire diameter, the Secondary Coil Output Data shows Space Between Turns as twice the actual?insulation thickness.? Unless I'm missing something here, this doesn't seem logical.

If I enter wire diameter including both bare wire diameter & insulation thickness, then the Secondary Coil Output Data shows Space Between Turns equal to the insulation thickness.? This output seems to make more sense since the windings are designed to be tight, not spaced.? Can you help me understand this a little better?? Thanks, Dennis Hopkinton MA

Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the web. Get the Radio Toolbar!