[TCML] klystron use

Hi,
I've wondered about using one for a TC also. I think a good place to start
would be with an older tube type frequency generator. Do a google search for
the HP-1616A or HP-616. It is a RF frequency generator that uses a klystron
and much of what you propose is already done for you by the HP pros. They
show up often on Ebay and usually go cheap mainly due to the fact that they
weigh close to a hundred pounds and shipping is quite pricey. The 616 & 1616
are VHF, the model 1618's are UHF. You can find manuals for them at BAMA. I
think there is a HF model also but don't recall the model number. You can
adjust amplitude, phase, & has built in pulse width, delay, & rate. If you
wind a coil to the right freq it's almost a plug & play experiment.
Good Luck, Jerry

--
"FREEDOM"=The result of intention and action against tyranny. "Live Free -
Be Free"