Re: [TCML] Envirotex Lite , High Torque drive

Wyatt -

Hard so say without actual testing.

The Envorotex Lite epoxy resin has bonded well to all the different types of magnet wire that I have used. However, there are many different types of insulation used on magnet wire, and I don't know the specific insulation type for all the coils that I have coated. I would be suspect of magnet wire insulations based on Nylon (like Nyleze)., which is notorously difficult to bond to.

I have always been careful to wipe down the surface of the coil with isopropyl alchhol and a clean cloth just prior to coating to remove oily fingerprints, etc.that might adversely affect bonding.

Steve Ward recently (7-27) posted a message about a secondary of his that was initially coated with polyurethane varnish, then overcoated with Envirotex Lite.

However, I doubt that Steve would be willing to bang on the coil with a plastic mallet to check adhesion between the epoxy and the underlying varnish.

I think that if you carefully clean the coil before applying the epoxy, you will get adequate adhesion.

Regards,
Herr Zapp