Re: [TCML] The Hammertone Predikter

The less than 1% error is excellent!

I would like to see a pic or two of the inside of a Pearson :)

Terry

Finn Hammer wrote:
All,
On this Microsim model:
http://hammertone.com/temp/hbroringup.sch

resonating at 50kHz,
And producing this very long ring-up:
http://hammertone.com/temp/ringup.jpg

I added a 1uH inductor in series with the 0.5ohm burden resistor of the 100:1 current transformer. With both probes I measured the prelay? Predicting signals advance with respect to the real primary zero crossing.

delay 1st halfcycle 1.840uS
delay 2nd halfcycle1.806uS
delay 3rd halfcycle 1.809us
delay 4th halfcycle 1.811uS
delay 6th halfcycle 1.815uS
delay 7th halfcycle 1.813uS
delay 8th halfcycle 1.813uS
delay 9th halfcycle 1.817uS
delay 10th halfcycle 1.815uS
delay 11th halfcycle 1.815uS
delay 12th halfcycle 1.817uS
delay 13th halfcycle 1.811uS
delay 14th halfcycle 1.814uS
delay 15th halfcycle 1.821uS
delay 16th halfcycle 1.810uS
delay 17th halfcycle 1.817uS
delay 18th halfcycle 1.815uS
delay 19th halfcycle 1.818uS
delay 20th halfcycle 1.815uS
delay 21th halfcycle 1.818uS

What I notice is a striking similarity of all delays, except the first one, as if the inductor was taken aback from the current surge. So it seems real, thet the first transition is the one that needs special attention, as this is the one that I am generally unable to compensate, and it is this one that does result in an overshoot..

Btw, I can produce pictures of the gutted Pearson if anyone is interested.

Cheers, Finn Hammer