Re: [TCML] MOT Measurements

Hi Finn,

Thanks for the cudo's. It took a few hours to get the data, but not a big deal. It was interesting to look at Tera's numbers. I remember when Tera posted those, but I just wasn't far enough along to do any worthy checks at the time. I was actually surprised how close the "real world" true rms meter measurements matched my calc's (and their not "my" calcs, but simply open circuit inductance equations). All the measurements were taken before this discussion even started, so it is just another helpful aspect (I throw in the inductances and out pops what was measured). This doesn't happen by accident or coincidence for the 12 voltage measurements. It indicates the simulation is being fed the correct information. Really fun to do when it works in your favor. I'm not sure how I would feel if it went elsewhere.

But, there are aspects about the shunted transformer that may change our understanding (and Cres is an important aspect we must verify). So I guess that is the next step.

Bart

finn hammer wrote:
bartb skrev:
Hi Finn, All (Ted, Herwig),

Finn, I went through Tera Ranta equations against my own and then ran the simulations measuring the primary current with the secondary shorted (a great test for accuracy). I simply changed the source voltage as appropriate to the measurement and then changed the L1, L2, and K values associated to the transformer as indicated by Tera's values and my own (hope this table doesn't wrap or have formatting issues).
snip

Impressive work, and so fast.
Bart. That makes you the "mot-man", and a "hats off" from me!

Cheers, Finn hammer