Re: [TCML] MOT Measurements

Hi Ted,

Not that high. Terry's MOT measured 65H at L2. My own MOT measured 39.5H (although my MOT is a bit beefy compared). I would expect Herwigs MOT to be no lower than 20H. Your calculated value of 4.7uH is extremely low. How are you basing this value? Herwig is 230V 50Hz power environment. Are you assuming a 120V 60Hz situation?

Take care,
Bart

tesla wrote:
Team
I noted the Value of Secondary L here of 30.4 Hy
I believe this is rather higher than I would expect.
Resonance at 1.5uF/60Hz puts this figure down to around 4.7Hy which is in close agreement with experiments I've done (magnetic shunts intact). Measured Secondary L with Pri Shorted (voltage generator source situation as per mains input) and Secondary driven with a large 50Hz AC voltage source and current measured technique

Thanks, enjoying the dialogue on this matter
Ted in NZ

SNIP
- I am not so experienced in simulations as you are. Therefore I
would like to accept your generous offer to run the simulation with
my MOT data: no-load-output-voltage = 2232 Vrms, dc-resistance of
secondary winding = 70 Ohms, calculated secondary inductance = 30,4
H, all the other parts were copied from Piranha II.
Take care,
Herwig