R: [TCML] Speaking of Mosfets and oscillators - Push Pull

Bill's schematics is not properly a Royer, infact Royer design require a
capacitor connected directly between the two drain of the mosfets, but
in every case this oscillator is made to generate a frequency of some
MHz and used to produce the base discharge flame for plasma tweeters.

The IGBT Royer that you can see on HOT-STREAMER is capable to give 15"
sparks and work in resonant mode at a frequency of 125kHz. The secondary
is wound on 4" pvc drain pipe with 39awg magnet wire for a lenght of 12"
in order to have this frequency without toroid charge.

The plasma ball that you can see on the photos are two flask for neon
plant used to charge gaseous tube. The red one is neon, the blue one is
a mix of 80%argon and 20%neon, excited by a VTTC.

The members of italian mailing list, have played a lot with this
schematics, using from TV flyback core to air core and, if the layout is
correct, once choosen the right component, is pratically indestructible.

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=royerscope2.png

This is the vaweform of current and voltage across IGBT  in Teslamode

 http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=royerp30vdc.jpg

This is a flame using a tv flyback at 30vdc IRFP250 mosfet without
heatsink 40kHz.

Cheers

Vladi