RE: [TCML] Sidactors in a can of worms

-----Original Message-----
From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Finn Hammer
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 9:57 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List; piranha
Subject: [TCML] Sidactors in a can of worms

I got the Sidactors yesterday, Thanx Terry, and immediately took action
to measure their break over voltage.
Something soon seemed odd, they looked like TVS'es to me, not sidactors
at all.

When I applied voltage across them from
Some SNIPPAGE:

Hi Finn, I haven't gotten around to testing any of my K3000F1's. If the
Pxxxx's aren't satisfactory, what are we going to do? Maybe we (us Tesla
fanboys) can petition Tracor to make us more K3000F1's. I need 40 more
SIDAC's (triggering at 300V) to finish up my next SISG coil project. I'm
willing to go with any sort of group buy. I'm getting desperate. James