[TCML] Re: Tesla Digest, Vol 26, Issue 7

Steve,

Your reply confirmed my fears.
The same thing about IGBT probable destruction by too high peak currents induced saturation I was told by my colleague Mayer.No need for the test of this sort.It would only unnecessarily destroy one IGBT module.If the limit of 1200 A is given by manufacturer one should respect that and stay within safe margins.Back to the drawing board..You asked some questions and it is my turn to answer.

Q: Why not to parallel these HVIGBT modules?