RE: [TCML] Twin coils primary lead design

I would advise caution before choosing the finely stranded audio cable in the tank circuit.  I have found that stranded wire has a much higher AC resistance compared to a solid-wire equivalent conductor.  The measurements I took were with wire that had parallel strands.  I suspect that the ultra-flexible cable would be even more lossy, as the strands twist and alternately become inner and outer strands in the bundle (reference skin-effect in the recent discussion of silver-plated stranded wire).  A short length of it to attach a tap lead is no big deal, but a lengthy 2-conductor span between twins would be significant.

I'm not sure that minimizing inductance is critical, unless the pri/sec geometry does not permit the coupling to be increased to compensate for the additional off-axis inductance.  Off-axis inductance is not a source of loss, as is the skin-effect loss that a stranded conductor would incur.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA