From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of BunnyKiller
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 9:12 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] 5kv plane gap size

Hey Jim...
I had to bring out the "book" ( Machinery's handbook # 24and some upper
end old collage electronics texts) to do some research but considering
your altitude, the so called average would be about 40 - 60 thou
depending on humidity ( 95 - 40%) respectively) on flat electrodes of
approximately 3/8" and larger dia flat faced surfaces...  seems that
less than 3/8" dia has a tendency to behaive more like rounded or "semi
hemispherical" at 5KV...

what are you building??  and what size electrodes are you using??  are
you looking for continious arc after conduction or something that is
"quenchable" ??

interested in your design...

Scot D