From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of bartb
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2008 2:01 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Could this be a breakout point?

Hi Steve,

It may be a problem. You'll of course have to try it to find out. It is
best to cap the top and use the top cap for the toroid connection.  I
personally would not feel comfortable with this connection. It may run
ok at first, but at some point something will cause it to breakdown
(humidity, tuning, coupling, etc..). I recommend you consider this a
temporary solution and begin looking around for a more permanent top cap

connection. It's not that difficult to make a top cap. It would be nice
if we could find a ready-made cap, but sometimes that's not possible, so

we must then fabricate something. It's at that point we start taking
these shortcuts which can end up a hasty and poor decision. But top caps

can be made from many materials (even wood if necessary).

Take care,
Bart