From: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
Date: Oct 23, 2008 2:51pm
Subject: RE: [TCML] Rotory STATIC Gap

Hi Scot,

If you're seeing the spark gap jump anything remotely like 2.2 inches,
your coil components (cap and NST?) are not long for this world. That length indicates that the cap is charging to a MUCH too high voltage. Any rotary gap, sync or not, needs to have a properly spaced static gap in parallel with it, so that it fires before the voltage gets out of hand and things start going poof.

I'm having trouble visualizing your setup, so it would help a huge amount
if you could post some photos.

Also, please be consistent in the use of the word "static". Your RSG has
rotating electrodes, and it has stationary electrodes. When you say that it has static electrodes, or operating in static mode, I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Regards, Gary Lau

MA, USA

appears.

Tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx