Re: [TCML] SISG success

Stephen.

The basic SISG is, as you say, a dropin replacement for a static gap. Has it`s advantages, such as fixed bang energy.
Drawback in my book is chaotic firing.

You might find the triggered SISG interesting, described in this thread at 4HV:
http://4hv.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?17454.post

A schematic is here:
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/sttriggedsisg.jpeg

And a video of it`s logical successor, equipped with a CM600 brick, the T-BRISG:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK17-CoB7LE
(I call it a world record, and it is, because it is the only coil of it`s kind in the world. :-) )

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Stephen J. Hobley skrev:
I'd never heard of SISG's till this post - I just read some of the PDFs out there on the subject. Am I right that this is a "drop in" replacement for the static spark gap in an NST based coil? I'd be interested in pursuing this (after the VTTC, and DRSSTC of course). Steve