From: Jim Mora <wavetuner@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 7:16 pm
Subject: [TCML] Tube coils structure

Hi All,

It has been recently stated that one serious transmitter tube is better than multiple lesser tubes say (4) 833a's. I can see the benefits but then again all eggs are in one basket. Has anyone built a push pull quad 833a coil? The plate transformer becomes an issue; but, a 5+kv pig should easily do. What
say you? Should I look for a mongo transmitter triode (which I thought a
833a was). I have 40 amps worth of 10volt filament transformers.

This is down the line for me, though I'm curious what the collective list
thinks.

Thanks,

Jim Mora