RE: [TCML] Looking for a nive plate transformer

Why not put them in an ammo box with feed throughs and submerge them in oil?
Jim Mora
-----Original Message-----
From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of David Rieben
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2008 7:15 PM
To: Tesla list
Subject: [TCML] Looking for a nive plate transformer

Hi all,

I have been running my VTTC on 2 seriesed ouput MOTs and
am finding that the MOTs can get smoking hot and start to
stink during operation. I was wondering if anyone might have
a plate transformer rated in the 4 to 5 kV @ 600 to 800 mA
range that they would be willing to sell or trade for? Decent
plate transformers with voltage and current ratings in this
neighborhood seem hard to locate on ebay these days.
Peter Dahl made ones show up some but are quite pricey.

Thanks,
David