Re: [TCML] Strike rail hits and loud bangs - video uploaded

The loud bangs across the Terry filter are caused by the main cap's energy
firing across a very low inductance load instead of going thru the primary
where the
energy is coupled into the sec coil.  This, from a mechanical standpoint, is
like putting your auto in neutral and then depressing the gas pedel to the
floor.  Lots of
energy going nowhere and is extremely hard on the caps.

You may consider tuning for more inductance to aleviate the problem.

Dr. Resonance