RE: [TCML] rotary gap disk

Acrylic is a very poor choice for an RSG disk.  As you observed, it is brittle and would be dangerously stressed in an RSG application.  Polycarbonate, a.k.a. Lexan, would be a better choice, but still not as good as G10, as Lexan will soften if the electrodes heat up.

If one has limited machine skills and equipment, a propeller RSG is a very good alternative to a disk.  See mine at http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/sync_gap.htm

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA