Re: [TCML] spark gap - parallel or in series with xfmr?

Image A is the correct one to use.  As the sparkgap fires it
"short-circuits" some of the transients which might go back into the
transformer and harm it.  Also, even with this circuit, you should always
use a protection circuit between the spark gap and the transformers.  A
member of this list developed a "Terry filter" (in the archives) which helps
protect the transformer.

Dr. Resonance