Re: [TCML] STUPID QUESTION OF THE DAY

The case is not a terminal; one uses the two terminals on the top.

I would ask - what exactly was it that your friend did with the cap?  If it was used as a tank cap in a Tesla coil, that would no doubt toast any good MO cap.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA"

	Thanks, just as expected considering the application.  He wanted to use it as a filter capacitor for a full-wave rectified 2200 V NST.  I just sent him an 0.1 ufd 3 kV Glassmike which will work but that came out of "good stock".

Ed