Re: [TCML] How to use an arc welder as a ballast?

On Saturday 03 May 2008 05:55:53 pm marcus masencup wrote:
> I am stepping up to pole pigs after years of using NST's. I have read
> everything I can find online and for me it seems that an arc welder is the
> easiest way to add the current limiting and ballast I need to run the 10kva
> pole pig I have. What I can't find is how I need to wire the arc welder up
> with the pole pig? Any help on how to wire this would be great, thanks!

What I did back when I used a welder for ballast was to make a pigtail with a
plug on the end that fit the welder receptical on the wall, and put two of
the same recepticals wired in series on the other end. The welder plugs into
one, the TC the other. That way if you want to use the welder as a welder you
just unplug the pigtail and plug the welder back into the wall.

Plug                                                               Receptical1

                        L1                  Gnd         L2
                                Receptical2

later
deano