Re: [TCML] Preparing acrylic coil form

DC Cox wrote:
As a minimum, you do want to be sure to strip off any sodium salts that may
have been deposited from you or the distributor handling the acrylic tube.
Personally, I always use plastic gloves when handling or attached the sec
coil even after winding.  This is a bit extreme, but easy to do, and you
certainly don't want any failures when showing off your nice coil to a
school group, etc.

Antonio is correct.  Acrylic is an excellent HV insulator as long as someone
with slightly sweaty hands has not handled it.  Detectives rely on this
principal to get fingerprints for their investigations.
I answered thinking about a primary coil form. I agree that a secondary coil needs more care. The final assembly of high-voltage circuits must be done with clean hands, or course...

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz