Re: [TCML] laminations

Another good trick is to use two separate primary ballasts for each MOT.
Plug each into a separate 20 Amp, 120 vac circuit.  You can run approx 16
Amps on each MOT, so safely pulling a total of 32 Amps for 3.8 kVA.  The MOT
secs are connected in series for a nice 4 kV at 3.8 kVA.  This trick makes a
nice dual MOT coil very portable as they can be operated off a pair of
separate 120 vac circuits --- great for doing school demos, etc.

At this power level I use a 12 inch dia. sec for great 4-5 ft plus sparks
with a hyperbaric sparkgap.

If you contact me off-list, I have some very nice small, inexpensive cores
that work great for MOT ballasting.

Dr. Resonance