Re: [TCML] Secondary and Primary Assistance

A megger is a high voltage (1-5 kV) device that indicates resistance in the
range of 5 to 1,000 megOhms.  Commonly used to check for phase to phase
insulation in large electric motors, Also for checking grounds to an earth
reference.  Standard fare for an industrial electrician which I was in 1961
- 1966 era.

Old fashion units were hand-crank generator type.  New ones are solid state
using IGBTs or MOSFET oscillators to drive a small HV xmfr.

Dr. Resonance