Re: [TCML] DC base driven coil

In a message dated 3/12/2008 4:37:21 P.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx writes:

>Can  somebody post a schematic of Lou's (or a  similar) setup? From the
>Bert Hickman's post in the archives I can't fathom how  to hook  up a cap to
the
>base of the secondary in a way that it doesn't  interfere  with the
resonance
>of the system, yet discharges  through the secondary. Is there  a separate
>charging supply  involved as well?

>-Phil LaBudde

Phil,

There is a separate charging supply for the DC which charges a capacitor
using
an NST with rectifiers.  I believe the base of the secondary connects  to
ground
through an isolation capacitor to isolate the DC from ground if I remember
correctly.

Lou preferred to use 40kVDC on the DC cap, although at the teslathon he  used
only 20kVDC.

John