Re: [TCML] BPS Testing

Hi Bart,

In my own NST coils, the current tends to rise by about 50% or so
as I approach 140VAC input compared to the current at 120VAC
input.  The sparks get a lot longer as you can imagine.  I  don't
know if it's due to ferroresonance, but it must be a
characteristic of at least some NST's that causes this.
My coils used a 120 bps sync gap so that might be a factor, I
don't know.  Maybe you could try applying 140VAC to your
test NST's to see what happens since you're set up for that now?
The results should be interesting.  Someone had once suggested
that the shunts in the NST may saturate in a non-linear way based
on input voltage.  Actually I thought it was Gary that said that,  but
he didn't mention that lately.  Or maybe it was someone else  that
spoke of that.  I had done a bunch of tests back then but  my
notes seem to be a little confusing unfortunately.

Thanks for doing this important testing.

Cheers,
John

In a message dated 3/10/2008 9:02:44 P.M. US Eastern Standard Time,